Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Under sink heaters - recommendations

On 27/06/2020 13:02, R D S wrote:
As subject, anyone experirence of such things?

Ta.

How much hot water, and *how* hot?

We have a Quooker in our kitchen which heats 7 litres of water under
pressure to over 100 degC and stores it in an insulated container. It
has two outlets - one to a boiling water tap for making tea and coffee
and the other, blended with cold to provide 60 degC or so (adjustable)
to the kitchen tap.

Not cheap, and may be an overkill for what you need.

[Hot water for bathing and showering is heated by a gas boiler and
stored in a vented cylinder in the airing cupboard. But this is a very
long way from the kitchen - resulting in a long wait for the tap to run
hot, and wasting lots of water.]

I installed the Quooker myself several years ago, and we haven't had any
issues with it despite being in a fairly hard water area.
--
Cheers,
Roger