Posted to uk.d-i-y
Algernon Goss-Custard Algernon Goss-Custard is offline

Default Under sink heaters - recommendations

charles posted
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
R D S wrote:
As subject, anyone experirence of such things?

We have two of the smallest, cheapest ones from Screwfix:-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/redring-m...ater-heater-1-
5kw-6ltr/5314p

They are pretty easy to install and seem to 'just work', no issues
with them at all and the older one has been in use for more than two
years now.

preesumably you don't live in a hard water area.

We fitted an Elson 10/15L Unvented Water Heater nearly five years ago,
and it has worked perfectly without any maintenance since. However our
water is the softest you can get; I can imagine there'd be problems in a
hard water area.

We run it at a fairly low level, with a timer so that it's only on when
it's likely to be needed, and only heating the water to about 45
degrees.

--
Algernon