Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Why do Screwfix want my mobile number so badly?

On 27/06/2020 11:46, Caecilius wrote:
The screwfix website really wants my mobile number when I place an
order: phone number is a required field on the order page, and SMS is
the only way to receive notification when the order is ready for
collection.

Why do Screfix want my mobile number so badly? They send me an order
confirmation email, so why can't they send me another email when the
order is ready for collection? Surely most people can receive emails
on their phone nowadays.

Toolstation use email, so it's not like it can't be done that way.

NOPE i USE A NOKIA 1100 AND HATE SMART PHONES ALTHOUGH i HAVE LOADS OF
THEM...

https://www.avg.com