Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Paint removal

"Jimk" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave Liquorice" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 17:51:16 +0100, Scott wrote:

I dropped a tin of paint this afternoon. Fortunately this occurred
outside. The paint is oil-based primer (red oxide). The surface is
some sort of concrete. How am I supposed to remove this?

If hasn't dried I'd collect up as much as possible, with something
spoon like, remove more with old newspaper, then work a goodly amount
of neat washing up liquid into the remains and leave. Letting the
rain wash it away over time. Works well for engine oil spots on
concrete.

If that failed after a week or three, pressure washer time.

A gas weed burner might do it for a small area couple of square feet
tops, the flame isn't very big. For larger area a gas torch on felt
type burner or a Sheen x300 paraffin woukd be more suitable. Can't
decide if the heat will damage the concrete surface more than a
pressure washer at point blank range.

I was thinking drop some diesel on it & light it....

Diesel is very hard to light. Metho is better.