Retiredff

Default A Use for Defunct (small) Propane Tanks

wrote:
own tanks. This whole thing was just another conspiracy to sell more
tanks and make someone rich. Same old story !!!! I used the old
style tanks for years and years and never had any trouble with them.
It's mostly the insurance companies that forced the change, so they
can keep collecting money and never have to pay. These are the same
insurance companies who are ruining many other factors in our lives,
all in the name of safety, which has gone to such extremes that pretty
soon no one will be able to do anything.

The problem is that, in the U.S., fire protection laws are proactive, not
reactive. That means laws are made/changed in response to
damage/injury/death.

In this case. you can lay the blame on those who fill tanks without allowing
room for expansion. This created a situation where, when the propane
expanded due to heat, a cloud of gas was released, that, in many cases,
exploded, resulting in people being hurt or killed, and buildings being
burned.

You don't have to hold a torch to the tank for this to happen. Good 'ol
sunshine does it for you.

The industry did not police itself, so Uncle Sam stepped in and did it for
them.

Just because you never had a problem does not mean the problem doesn't
exist.