Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default older/newer GCH radiator efficiency?

On 24/06/2020 05:05:13, Rod Speed wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/06/2020 20:41, wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2020 14:24:11 UTC+1, RJHÂ* wrote:
On 22 Jun 2020 at 17:29:59 BST, "tabbypurr wrote:

If an engineer isn't able to design a silent fan they had better
stay out
of that business.

Moving any volume of air around inherently creates noise. An engineer
would know this, otherwise they best stay out of that business.

I take it you're not an engineer then. Or an ignorant one.

Hint: try turning a desktop fan round by finger & see how noisy it
is. No
wind noise.

Oh well yes, even I could do that. Doesn't make me (or you) an
engineer. Or
the room meaningfully warmer.

It makes the point that fans can be silent.

Perhaps very quite and mostly useless would be closer to the truth.

Nope, the fan in my heatbank is completely silent and nothing like useless.

Yes big slower fans are quieter than smaller faster ones for the same
air flow, but none are silent.

Mine is.

That's because you're deaf.

If you are shifting a volume of air, you will get noise from that even
without the fan...

Thats bull**** too with the volume of air from a radiator.

That is because it is not mechanically 'moved'. This thread was making
more efficient radiators from some addition help to move the air. Do
keep up.

Ever heard the wind blow?

Thats the trees and houses and you cant hear the air in a
light breeze without any trees or bushed or buildings.

Moving air is going to impinge on something solid; eventually.