Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default older/newer GCH radiator efficiency?

On Tuesday, 23 June 2020 13:36:38 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

Of course. And any suitable engineer knows that fan noise output depends on speed among other things. It is odd that some 'engineers' do not realise that fans can be slowed enough to be inaudible.

Really?

I worked in broadcasting. All studios are air sealed against noise. So if
in use for more than a short time, require ventilation. And despite this
being an extremely expensive part of the structure, and done by experts in
that field, none is totally silent.

With respect it's not difficult to make silent fans. Obviously they don't move a lot of air per size, so a given flow requires large blades & if ducted, large ducts. That you've seen cheaper noisy ones tells us precisely nothing.

But I'd guess in your world, the laws of physics don't apply. Hence you
talking about 100% efficiency too.

I don't understand why some people are just stuck on stupid.