Posted to uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default Door 'closer' to prevent door banging

On 18/06/2020 21:05, DJC wrote:
On 18/06/2020 10:00, Chris Green wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 19:33:02 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

what we need is a 'damper' for the last few degrees of closure.

Is there a specific name for this sort of thing?

Not tried feeding google with "door damper"?

Yes, and all I found was those very expensive ones, I was hoping there
might be something rather simpler and cheaper with another name.
We're not after something for 'public' doorways and such, just
something to stop our back door banging so hard.

This looks like the type I remember from my childhood home:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gatemate-56.../dp/B01MYBL59D

For 15 years I have had a cheap foam type knee pad in the door jamb. I
like my windows open and the wind to blow through some. I close the,
free swinging, door against the pad and no problems with door moving at
all. And, it's not so threatening to my little toe.