Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default discarding old paint tins

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 20:53:41 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 22/06/2020 16:57, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:30:49 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

As for half-empty paint tins, I've taken them to the recycle depot in
the past, and been told just to dump them in the skip used mainly for
plastic (they were plastic 'tins'). Can't get near the depot ATM,
social distancing etc has meant a very slow throughput, queues down
the road for hundreds of yards, and waiting times of several hours.
I'm just stacking stuff in the garage until the situation improves.

And wonder just what happens to the stuff in the plastic skip afterwards?

There's a relatively new waste-to-energy incinerator in mid Cornwall.
I assume all combustible stuff ends up there. I don't see the point of
keeping plastic waste separate, otherwise.

There is a suspicion that a lot of the recyclable material in West
Sussex is just being trucked over to Brighton to keep their
incinerator constantly fed.

Will it benefit their statistics?

Has anyone tried to argue that 'energy from waste' (formerly known as
incineration) is a species of recycling?