Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default discarding old paint tins

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 06:26:53 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

On Monday, 22 June 2020 14:07:38 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
what to do

you can't put them in the normal rubbish

How would they know? Do your dustmen go through the rubbish? ;-)

Yes. They do.

Agreed. I had a sharp note written on a scrap of cardboard the other
week, saying that if I put out tissues with the waste paper for
recycling, they wouldn't take any of it. Reasonable comment, I
suppose, except that I don't use tissues for blowing my nose etc, only
for cleaning my specs, but they're not to know.

Different matter with stuff in the recycle bin. The wrong material could
contaminate the whole batch.

so they pretend

how the wrong sort of paper can make the tins glass and plastic bottles
unrecyclable is anybody's guess

with tissues, there's a potential health issue.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England