Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting a hole in drywall: Options?

DerbyDad03 on Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:45:52 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

What I'm likely to do is start at the opening next to the opening,
and cut up. Finding any studs in the middle of the panel is a good
idea. Details to be determined.
--

You actually want to find studs at the *edges* of the panel. If you cut the
drywall along the center of those studs, you can easily reattach the patch

What I'm doing is cutting the drywall off. Intending to make a
permanent opening in the wall, to access the "loft" I'll be adding to
the top of the closet.

My recent project (Ignore the horizontal board; that's blocking for the
shower valve so that the shower stall wall doesn't "flex".)

--
pyotr filipivich