Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Inspection and oil change

I quit changing my own oil when the local places offered coupons for less than the cost of parts.

And now with a new car, oil changes are free at the dealer (though they always try to get something for you to pay for.)

But if I were still driving an older car, I might go back to doing it myself, and each time draining a some transmission fluid and coolant at the same time. it won't all come out, but even without emptying, about every three oil changes you've replaced most of it. If you're going to drive an older car into the ground that's a way to get a few extra years.