Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting a hole in drywall: Options?

on Wed, 17 Jun 2020 20:14:20 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

Start with a stud finder to identify the studs. You probably want to
end at/middle/end of one. I then use a utility knife against a metal
straight edge to get a straight, clean cut. Before cutting I pull all
the nails/screws out of that area of the wall. A MagSwitch is a great
tool for finding the fasteners.

What I'm likely to do is start at the opening next to the opening,
and cut up. Finding any studs in the middle of the panel is a good
idea. Details to be determined.
--
pyotr filipivich