Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default discarding old paint tins

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:53:14 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 06:26:53 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

On Monday, 22 June 2020 14:07:38 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
what to do

you can't put them in the normal rubbish

How would they know? Do your dustmen go through the rubbish? ;-)

Yes. They do.

Agreed. I had a sharp note written on a scrap of cardboard the other
week, saying that if I put out tissues with the waste paper for
recycling, they wouldn't take any of it. Reasonable comment, I
suppose, except that I don't use tissues for blowing my nose etc, only
for cleaning my specs, but they're not to know.

As for half-empty paint tins, I've taken them to the recycle depot in
the past, and been told just to dump them in the skip used mainly for
plastic (they were plastic 'tins').

I was told to throw them into the compactor. I suggested this would
mean the compactor getting covered in wet paint, but they said that
did not matter.