Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dr.j.r.stockton@gmail.com is offline

Default On one PC, Windows 7 to Windows 10 update fails at 'fetching

On Friday, 19 June 2020 09:44:49 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/02/2020 23:23, JRS wrote:
On Thursday, 6 February 2020 20:07:24 UTC,
wrote:
I have been trying to update a neighbour's PC from Windows 7 to
Windows 10, using

In each case, the process update sticks at "fetching updates: 46%"
- I have on occasion waited for over an hour.

Her PC is nominally over 12 years old, but in Summer 2015 all the
electrics and electronics, including the mains lead, were changed
to middle-spec then-modern, and Windows 7 pro was installed. Only
the case was retained.

.... ...

Patience grasshopper, patience. It seems that one some legacy machines
the damn thing can sit at 46% for a few hours before moving on. I have
no idea what it is doing but MSKB threw up this exact response.

I wonder whether that system counts as "legacy".

ISTM that you missed the article in which I said that, one day, after three hours it had passed 46% and was waiting to be allowed to do the next stage.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-deaa623cbd7e

Interesting, thanks.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google Groups. |
Mail: - or as Reply-To, if any. |