Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Inspection and oil change

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 21:17:23 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 21:45:51 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 17:26:31 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 17:30:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/21/2020 4:48 PM, Thomas wrote:
97.99?
Steep?
2004 xterra.
Steve Shannon tire, PA.
Nothing needed fixing.

Depends how many quarts and what kind of oil. I've heard of people
spending that just for oil change.

I wait for the $9.99 coupon to roll around. If I miss it, there's always a
$14.99 coupon available.

My oil changes on the Taurus cost me over $50 doing them myself and
buying the oil on special - synthetic oil with premium filter. The
ranger is a little less - takes 2 liters less oil - and the Sorento is
about the same as the ranger - the filter costs a wee bit more. Put
half an hour of labour on at a $90 per basis and that price doesn't
look too bad - if they are using synthetic it's actually a REALLY good
deal.

I'm never surprised when they offer to replace the air filter, the cabin
air filter, and the wiper blades every time I go in. They have to make
money somewhere.

And I still have not changed my air filter on the ranger in 8 years -
or the serpentine belt in 7