Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder[_5_] Arlen Holder[_5_] is offline

Default Inspection and oil change

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 21:17:23 -0500, Jim Joyce wrote:

I'm never surprised when they offer to replace the air filter, the cabin
air filter, and the wiper blades every time I go in. They have to make
money somewhere.

I don't disagree, where it makes sense that someone who doesn't change his
own oil likely doesn't know enough to know _what_ to check for by way of
the standard maintenance schedule.

Given the shop likely makes money on the "inspection", I always wonder why
people _pay_ for that inspection, since, I think, many shops must be giving
it away (so to speak) for free.

Don't they?

BTW, adding "rec.autos.tech", so here's the URL to the a.h.r thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.home.repair/sChKzO3h5rg
--
Usenet is a wonderfully helpful public potluck discussion of added value.