Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Inspection and oil change

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:09:51 -0400,
wrote:

97.99?
Steep?
2004 xterra.
Steve Shannon tire, PA.
Nothing needed fixing.

Define " inspection " ...
... check tires & fluid levels & quick visual ?
... pull 4 wheels and inspect brakes ?
... bit of a difference yes ?
John T.

State inspection in PA. Pull two wheels to check brakes, exhaust
system, ball joints, etc. Should take about 20 minutes.

No road test ?
... there are "inspections" and there are
mandated inspections with paperwork ...
The OP seems to only knows what it cost him ..
... with no idea what was done.
John T

A road test is not required in Pa. The owner drives the car. He can
test it.

.
... you would know .. :-)

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DV...ons/PUB-45.pdf

but just in case - read page 42 of 140.

Firefox not working now, but I assume it says road test. My car was
licensed in Pa. unti about 1985 and inspected there, and afaik no one
ever gave it a road test. But I guess things have changed. Sorry.

John T.