Posted to alt.home.repair
Goober[_5_] Goober[_5_] is offline

Default Inspection and oil change

On 6/21/2020 5:57 PM, wrote:
97.99?
Steep?
2004 xterra.
Steve Shannon tire, PA.
Nothing needed fixing.

Define " inspection " ...
... check tires & fluid levels & quick visual ?
... pull 4 wheels and inspect brakes ?
... bit of a difference yes ?
John T.

Do not know. Drop off, 4 hours later picked up.

The better garages will give you a ticky-box check-list
when you pick up the car - showing what they inspected -
noting & talking to you about any problems found -
- often having done a detailed repair estimate.
My Kia dealership oil changes includes checking tires ;
fluid levels and visual inspection. ~ $ 54. Canadian
parts, labour, taxes all in. They will even give it a quick
wash-down if needed - no charge.
John T.

My stealership just pencil whips it.

Lazy slugs are supposed to check tire pressure at the nnnn mile intervals but turns out they don't bother to check the spare in the trunk.

Since they don't do the simple easy stuff, I doubt they do the stuff that requires effort.Â* Maybe that's extra?