Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Knife sharpening difficulties

On 06/20/2020 08:05 PM, A K wrote:
I have used my sharpener on a dirt cheap kitchen knife and gotten a better edge than I got on the Victorinox knife.

It just will not hold a good edge after it leaves the factory.

I will never buy another one.

I've got a Victorinox Officier in the junk drawer that I found on the
side of a road. I never tried to sharpen it. I suppose if I ever need a
corkscrew it will be handy. I recall from my student days where somebody
would show up at a party with a bottle of wine with a cork and hilarity
would ensue. My taste ran to Silver Satin. If you didn't want to drink
the crap you could always pickle a pike.

https://www.twincities.com/2016/07/3...ike-pickle-it/