Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Smith[_4_] Richard Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Welding rectifier more details

"Jim Wilkins" writes:

This 400A rectifier module is electrically insulated from the heatsink
it mounts on, which can be grounded to simplify construction.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-Brid.../dp/B07VH5BM5B

I didn't find a current rating this high when the thread was active.

I can't make out its size, but those terminals don't look huge, and
I'm thinking "Wow is that all that's needed?" (??!!!).
Given the size of a welding cable for 400A ...
Plus the amount of heat one assumes it would have to dissipate (a few
percent of the input power?)
If that allowed you to keyhole with a 6010 from a "tombstone" welding
machine that would be amazing. Given the cost is rather affordable if
it gave that outcome...

Jim - I'll post about welding conditions on s.e.j.w. Bit of science
in there. covid19 lockdown restricting us quite a lot - not welded
for months and getting by as construction site labourer.