Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default On one PC, Windows 7 to Windows 10 update fails at 'fetching updates: 46%'. What to do next?

How big is the hard drive and how much of it is free? the lack of space is
the most common problem when this occurs. You may need to have a new hard
drive as a slave and move a lot of the crud onto it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jack Harry Teesdale" wrote in message
On 06/02/2020 20:07,
wrote:
I have been trying to update a neighbour's PC from Windows 7 to Windows
10,
using
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10 .

I have tried the "direct" method in her abode, using her Virgin Media
Internet service.

I have tried the "direct" method in my abode, using my pseudo-BT Internet
service.

I have used my Win10 PC to create a USB transfer drive in order to use it
to update her PC in my abode (using pseudo-BT Internet).

In each case, the process update sticks at "fetching updates: 46%" - I
have on occasion waited for over an hour.

I don't have any other Windows 7 PCs to try.

Her PC is nominally over 12 years old, but in Summer 2015 all the
electrics and electronics, including the mains lead, were changed to
middle-spec then-modern, and Windows 7 pro was installed. Only the case
was retained.

When her PC was moved to here, it was connected to my spare keyboard,
mouse, screen, and hers were left in situ.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?

I was having the same trouble until i uninstalled the Realtek Bluetooth
adapter.

I now have Windows 10 working well, might be worth a try.