Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door 'closer' to prevent door banging

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 18/06/2020 09:37, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/06/2020 19:33, Chris Green wrote:
What sort of door 'closer' do I need to prevent a back door banging
closed?

It's just a plain[ish] solid wooden door that closes with a bang
and a rattle if you close it at all carelessly. Unfortunately the
bang and rattle disturb the bedroom above, so we're looking for
something that will slow down the final closing.

Thus we're not looking for something that always closes the door,
in fact if it's left open we probably want it to stay that way,
what we need is a 'damper' for the last few degrees of closure.

Is there a specific name for this sort of thing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustabl...AOSwZoZahro 1

feckin expensive though.....

Yes (OP here), £50 plus seems a lot. Maybe AliExpress have
something.....

They are quite sophisticated devices. One with a decent life won't be
cheap. Same as anything, really.

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.