Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Door 'closer' to prevent door banging

On 17/06/2020 19:33, Chris Green wrote:
What sort of door 'closer' do I need to prevent a back door banging
closed?

It's just a plain[ish] solid wooden door that closes with a bang and a
rattle if you close it at all carelessly. Unfortunately the bang and
rattle disturb the bedroom above, so we're looking for something that
will slow down the final closing.

Thus we're not looking for something that always closes the door, in
fact if it's left open we probably want it to stay that way, what we
need is a 'damper' for the last few degrees of closure.

Is there a specific name for this sort of thing?

if you haven't bought it yet get something like a briton...I have just
adjusted my speed and latching so there is no banging...mine has two
adjustments like this....and hold it open with a cabin hook ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRcjEMPsh4