Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_38_] Chuck[_38_] is offline

Default Room A/C spitting out chunks of black--dirt??

replying to Clare Snyder, Chuck wrote:
I have a window unit a/c installed through the wall. It's about 6 years old.
I've had the black flakes that smear blowing out of the vents for probably all
but the first year I used it, including this year. A couple weeks ago I
sprayed it with Frost King a/c coil foaming cleaner. It hasn't helped at all.
Has anyone found an actual working solution for this problem? I'm a renter and
my landlord is stingy so even I tell him the issue I don't know if he'll even
do anything about it. But would a professional be able to do anything for less
than the cost of a new unit?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...rt-446601-.htm