Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron D. Ron D. is offline

Default Does anyone know how badly designed the conical LG washer/dryerdrain filter unit is?

I have the other problem. The washer just chews up the lint and spits it out.
that goes down the drain via a 2-tub laundry sink and about 20' of 60 year old galvanized pipe burried under the cement.

The lint catches about 20' out. I got tired of that non-sense.

Especially when I spent a lot of time using the home depot auger in the wrong direction. Mine was clockwise in, theirs was CCW in.

I made a very nice sock filter using mostly stock parts. Once I had proof of concept, I borrowed a lathe and added some new parts and made the filter super easy to empty.

Expensive, simple and stuff had to come from 3 different suppliers.