Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default older/newer GCH radiator efficiency?

On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 22:40:44 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/06/2020 22:25:34, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 20:08:04 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:

5) We offer a fast, friendly and efficient service.
6) This is simply the most efficient way to do it.
7) We must meet members' needs in the most efficient and effective ways
possible.

Generally waffly bs uses of the word

Which has now become common usage. I suspect you still think kinky means
fashionable and gay means happy.

1) a highly efficient worker
9) efficient at something - These magnificent animals were remarkably
efficient at survival.
11) efficient in doing something - He was ruthlessly efficient in
acquiring estates.

again useful output over input, though used with rather less precision

8) efficient at something As we get older, our bodies become less
efficient at burning up calories.

not even true. Old bodies do become less efficient at doing work this calories, but not less efficient at burning them.

Old bodies also become more senile and resistant to change too. They use
the English language less efficiently and still think they are kinky and
gay.

There may be occasions where you might swap the word for effectiveness,
in many instances they are synonyms.

Perhaps English has moved on since you were at school?

It's moved on since all of us were at school, but like most words, efficient still has the same meaning. And like so many words it also gets used inaccurately, imprecisely and for the purposes of promotional bs.

No, many words like 'efficient' have changed. Do you really still think
kinky means fashionable and gay means happy.

Post when you've got something to say that's not based on you making silly things up.