Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default OT - Masks revisited

On 2020-06-16 07:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've seen reference showing the value.Â* One is a video of a person
talking and they were able to somehow light the droplets leaving
your mouth.Â* They went quite a distance.Â* They showed a mask and it
reduced the amount considerably and lowered the velocity so the few
getting by didÂ*notÂ*travelÂ*asÂ*far.

How long did they wait before the test?Â* It takes
a bit over ten minutes for one's own humidity to
render the mask useless.

And droplets are a tremendous amount larger than
a virus.Â* Where they able to track particles
that small?Â* Without that kind of tracking, the
study is pretty much useless.

Keep in mind that just stand next to someone,
you exhausting literally billions of viruses
of all kinds all over them and they are not
in water droplets.

As far as I can tell, masks are only for show.

You seem like a nice guy.Â* That said, when it comes down to disease
stuff I trust the people at the New England Journal of Medicine more
than the guys here on a newsgroup.

https://twitter.com/nejm/status/1253364259112865792

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#1839cf6b1060

I am an overly nice guy.

Try this link:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?ter...+effectiveness

Lots of stuff both pro and con and gives a more
realistic look.Â* One ofthem says you have to use
vasoline around the N95 filer to stop blow by.
I forget which one.

By the way, who is rude enough to sneeze and cough in
other peoples faces?

I have terrible hay fever.Â* I take my pill before going
into public so I won't sneeze.Â* And when one comes on
anyway, I excuse myself, bend over and sneeze on the floor.
Then take another pill.Â* I don't sneeze on myself and
think I am clean.

And why would you go out in public if you knew you were
sick and could not control coughing?

"Oh ya, today is a good day to come to my house and fix
my computer, I am home sick."Â* What inconsiderate ass
holes.

Stay home if you are sick.Â* Much, much more effective than
giving it to everyone else!

Nothing is perfect.Â* Nothing will totally eliminate risk.Â* My goad is to
reduce the odds in my favor.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20605264/
Abstract
There is sufficient evidence indicating that masks, if worn properly and
consistently, are an effective nonpharmaceutical intervention in the
control of disease spread. The use of masks during a pandemic can
minimize the spread of influenza and its economic impact, yet
mask-wearing compliance in adults is often poor. Educating the public on
the effectiveness of masks can increase compliance whilst reducing
morbidity and mortality. With targeted campaigns and the help of the
fashion industry, masks may become a popular accessory amongst school
children. As children are effective source-transmitters of infection,
encouraging a trend toward such increased mask-wearing could result in a
significant, self-perpetuating reduction mechanism for limiting
influenza transmission in schools during a pandemic.

Interesting. I could not see the full article, so I
could not see how they came to their conclusions.
Or who funded them.

Keep in mind the WORST research is guys sitting around in
white coats giving their opinion (pulling things out
their asses).

And for starters, don't sent your kinds to skool when
they are sick.

I worked at a child care center about 10 years ago.
ALL the kids to very sick. Mother just dropped then
off -- they did not care.

I was on my back sick to death for a month. Almost
lost my shirt. I will not work on site for child
care facilities, allopaths, dentists or other super
spreaders. Keep your kids at home when they are sick.
Way more effective than a mash they won't wear properly.

What in the world makes the writers of the above think
that an irritant on a child's face will be "worn properly
and consistently". He must not have know any kids or
forgot when he was a kid. I will do remote assistance
though.