Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default OT - Masks revisited

on 6/16/2020, T supposed :
On 2020-06-16 07:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've seen reference showing the value.* One is a video of a person
talking and they were able to somehow light the droplets leaving your
mouth.* They went quite a distance.* They showed a mask and it reduced
the amount considerably and lowered the velocity so the few getting by
did*not*travel*as*far.

How long did they wait before the test?* It takes
a bit over ten minutes for one's own humidity to
render the mask useless.

And droplets are a tremendous amount larger than
a virus.* Where they able to track particles
that small?* Without that kind of tracking, the
study is pretty much useless.

Keep in mind that just stand next to someone,
you exhausting literally billions of viruses
of all kinds all over them and they are not
in water droplets.

As far as I can tell, masks are only for show.

You seem like a nice guy.* That said, when it comes down to disease stuff I
trust the people at the New England Journal of Medicine more than the guys
here on a newsgroup.

https://twitter.com/nejm/status/1253364259112865792

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#1839cf6b1060

I am an overly nice guy.

Try this link:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?ter...+effectiveness

Lots of stuff both pro and con and gives a more
realistic look. One ofthem says you have to use
vasoline around the N95 filer to stop blow by.
I forget which one.

Irrelevant to the masks we are talking about - N-95 masks are PPE and
used together with other PPE and measures.