Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default OT - Masks revisited

On 2020-06-16 14:48, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lid says...

I also have a customer that was in on the design of
the N95 mask. He was a wealth of information. By
the way, the N95 was not designed to stop particles
as small as viruses. Of interest, he does not wear
a mask either.

Another interisting thing I read, true or not, that many N95 masks are
designed to keep particals from comming into the body and not to keep
them from going out of the body.

After a few breaths the home made cloth masks do almost nothing and
after an hour or so are probably worse than nothing.

Interesting

My customer told me they were designed to keep
out bacterial and particulate.

Next time I see him, if I remember, I have to ask
him about the keep out thing.