Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bnwelch@gmail.com is offline

Default here's one I've never seen before

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 7:13:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 17:00:05 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:

On 6/15/2020 1:47 PM, wrote:

16 inch skillsaw
https://bowmanauctions.hibid.com/lot...q=&ref=catalog
Used for .. what sort of carpentry ?

Dunno, speculate framework in construction?

Followup: One of the pics gives model no. 5402-A
https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/5402NA
The Makita 16-5/16 in. Circular Saw is powered by a 15 AMP motor with
2,300 RPM, and has a large cutting capacity to handle beams, timber, and
large pressure treated lumber. It will cut 6x material at 90 degrees and
4x material at 45 degrees in a single pass.

BTW it's a circular saw. Makita and Skilsaw are two competing brands.
There's no such thing as a Makita skillsaw. That's like calling a
pickup truck a Chevrolet Ford.

More BTW Amazon has the updated model, 5402NA, for $730.99,
down from list price of $1,172,20. It has a 4.7/5.0 star
rating, so I guess if this is something you have a use for,
it's a pretty good choice.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-5402NA.../dp/B0000614UR

It's up to $ 5. now ! .. took 4 bids to get there. :-)
ps: that's $ 5. Canadian ..
John T.

Just got word from the auctioneer that shipping is not available for that saw...A bit surprising, being that it is really not that large of an item...