Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default here's one I've never seen before

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 05:58:19 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 6:13:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:

It's up to $ 5. now ! .. took 4 bids to get there. :-)
ps: that's $ 5. Canadian ..
John T.

As to bidding, there's 952 lots in that online auction. Lot #158 is an unused long water hose.
Bid is $75. Probably obvious someone wanted to bid $7.50 and mis-typed their bid...
.. Or someone desperately wants/needs a long water hose.
https://bowmanauctions.hibid.com/cat...page=2&ipp=100
If you decide to bid on that saw, pay close attention to your typing.
Sonny

I agree that $ 75. seems high - but -
It would be very difficult impossible ? to mis-bid.
The bid amounts are not typed-in - there are specified minimum bids
that will increase at certain points, as the bidding gets higher.
The one way to type-in a bid is to place a "maximum bid"
same as a reserve bid - but even then - if you mis-clicked -
a second bidder would be needed to bid up to your reserve.
The big rip-off on some of these auctions is the "buyers premium"
- ie: auctioneers fee - I've seen it at 15 % !
.. plus sales tax 13 % Do the math !
John T.