Posted to rec.woodworking

Default here's one I've never seen before

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 17:50:50 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:23:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 3:43:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
16 inch skillsaw
https://bowmanauctions.hibid.com/lot...q=&ref=catalog
Used for .. what sort of carpentry ?
John T.

Most likely post and beam style, heavy timber framing...

OK .. it is Mennonite country here.
if they'd use a generator for the electrical power...

We bought our furniture from an Amish company in Ohio. When we were
looking we were talking to the owner about woodworking so he took us
on a tour of their production facility. They were Amish but had all
sort of advanced tools, modern cash registers, computers (and a web
site). I asked about the disconnect. His explanation was that the
ban on power tools and such were for personal use. Business was
business and completely separate from personal use (Sorta the opposite
of the Christian Sunday labor proscription, I guess).

Anyway, their facility wasn't grid connected, rather had a bank of six
Cummins gensets in a shed behind the facility. Nice people, very
open, and most interesting (spent $15K there a week or so later ;-).