Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Does anyone know how badly designed the conical LG washer/dryerdrain filter unit is?

An LG washer pump is about $25. The entire assembly may be had for $60 or less. Takes about an hour to replace - ask me how I know that. As compared to +/- $700 for a new machine, or a service-call of about $150 + parts. No special tools required, and at least half-a-dozen YouTube tutorials on how-to.

These pumps fail from:

a) Pump impeller blockage - takes a lot to get to that, but it is possible if the drain sump is never cleaned.
b) Running too much suction - far more common. Clean the sump! Regularly.
c) Age - these are cheap little things. And very easily replaced.

If you were to direct all that energy expressed as anger at addressing the actual cause, then fixing the cause, your life would be better.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA