Can2002

Default Running cables through stud walls

Thanks Chris

"Chris Oates" none wrote in message

the studwork ensures you wont have
far to look - from above it's usually easy
to see where you are in relation to the
room beneath - drill through and drop a cord
with a weight on it, this can be tapped on the floor
if you really don't know where you are

I've never worked with these walls before, but I'm guessing the studs are
covered with a wooden beam (the other sections under the insulation have a
foil-type surface on the top.

- you can then
work out where your studs are and drill the access
hole somewhere in between, using a straightened coat
hanger you can fish for the cord - much simpler than
it sounds

I'll have to pluck up the courage and give it a try - my wife will kill me
if I get it wrong!!

Regards,
Chris