Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default The point of cleaning windows?

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 21:57:26 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
On 13/6/20 9:02 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 22:48:38 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why are skyscraper windows cleaned?

Because they get dirty quite quickly.

Not on a soggy island.

Surely the rain does that job for free?

Nope.

Water tends to wash things off.

I have never cleaned my house windows,

Hovels don't count.

Doesn't make a difference to what glass does in rain.

it can't be dirtier higher up.

It is actually.

For what reason?

Park your car here,bat **** does not wash off,

I park mine under a big row of trees and get big
turds of white **** on the car. Not certain that it
is bat **** but likely is because they are so big.

Must be different bats, the bats I've seen in Scotland are so small they'd easily fit in your hand, so their **** must be considerably smaller than say a seagull.

You need very heavy rain to wash it off and even
then its and **** free as washing the car properly.

That sentence is ****ed and doesn't mean what you intended.

I do know that there are fruit bats in the trees because
my neighbour told me and I checked and he is right.

In Scotland you're lucky to ever see a bat.

especially with no rain and left on it dissolves paint

It doesn't dissolve my paint but it's a very good paint job, Korean.

Try brake fluid.