Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Take Back Control (by fouling our food)

In article ,
Spike wrote:
Rambo wrote:

The Americans won#t allow anything to be added to labels that will allow
consumers to identify that it is chlorine-drenched US of A meat. The US
trade deal negotiators have already told the British this. They have also
said that this is a red line; no foul chlorine-drenched chicken, no trade
deal.

" there is no proof that eating chlorinated chicken would put health
at risk. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has said that
chemical substances in poultry meat are unlikely to pose an immediate
or acute health risk for consumers; in a 2005 study, the EFSA found
that treating poultry carcasses with the four most-commonly used
antimicrobial substances (agents that kill microorganisms) #would be
of no safety concern.#

Do you sprinkle chlorine over your UK chicken before eating it, then?

So you really think that people eat chicken carcases raw, do you?

I'd rather chickens and other animals we eat are bred and kept under
hygienic and humane conditions. The point you seem to be ignoring.

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.