Joseph Meehan

Default Fluorescent lighting?

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Schism wrote:
My mom is building a new home and I'd like to know whether I should
recommend that she install fluorescent lighting instead of regular
light bulb lighting, our main objective here is to save on lighting
(replacement cost, electricity consumption, as well as time between
replacements) I've heard fluorescent lights take a very long time to
burn out and are rather cheap, would it be better to use fluorescent
lighting instead of the traditional bulbs?

Yes and no. Yes they do last longer and yes they use much less
electricity.

Let me add that some, especially older of cheaper designs, tend to hum.
Some just a little, others a lot.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math