John Stumbles

Default Heatloss of small terrace house 6.5kW ?

wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:45:48 -0000, "John Stumbles"
] wrote:

and get just over 6.5kW, which seems very low. I've done the calcs on

spreadsheet but cross-checked with the Myson calculator for the floor

and
air changes of one room, to sanity check.

Does this seem right? I could put it all through the Myson to

completely
cross-check it but it's a lot of extra work ...

It seems pretty reasonable to me. Most of your wall area is shared
with the neighbours (assuming it is mid terrace) and if you have good
loft insulation the heat loss would be quite small.

Looking at the heat loss calculations that I did for my house before I
renovated it I got values ranging from 15Kw if I installed no
insulation to 8kw if I installed as much insulation as was feasible.
These included 3.6Kw for air changes. This is for a detached house
about 10M square on 3 floors so it should need a lot more heat than a
terraced house.

Experience has shown that the calculations were pretty accurate.

Thanks, that's encouraging

--
John Stumbles