Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Can Tide pods damage a washing machine drain pump?

Actually it is not as depressing as paying money and spending huge amounts of time on a machine which I KNOW is so badly designed by LG that they actually forgot to include a lint filter. So whatever I pay/do, this machine will need rebuilding within 1-2 years because LG will not accept responsibility for their catastrophic design!

And on the depressing scale, how about LG withdrawing their technical support rather than accept responsibility for their design gaffe?

Now, they certainly have tech support numbers to call. And there are people with suspicious sounding foreign accents who come to the phone fairly quickly as well. The trouble is, those telephonists have no technical knowledge whatsoever.

They seem to be sitting in a cubicle in front of a piece of paper with two sentences of instructions FIRSTLY pretend to listen to the customer and say "yes" every so often. It doesn't matter when. SECONDLY tell the customer that he or she needs to call out a service technician to fix whatever the customer is asking about.

I once cross-checked by trying to ask where the on/off switch was: The answer dutifully came back after the 'pretending to "double-check" with a supervisor' stage that I needed a service technician to fix what was wrong and am I anywhere near Juneau or is Alaska anywhere near the NY Tristate area?