Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Can Tide pods damage a washing machine drain pump?

On 6/11/2020 2:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/11/2020 12:11 PM, Amanda Ripanykhazova wrote:
Thanks guys, it is a front loader and I have seen the replacement
procedure which looks easy enough to follow but it does involve taking
the whole front of the unit apart in a huge load of steps!

One more symptom has appeared. The drum stopped turning 20 minutes
into the dry cycle and soon after, the buzzing started from the drain
pump again.

I really doubt that from the millions of pods your machine is the only
one that cannot use them.Â* What would cause the drum to stop?

There are some web sites that may help you figure it out.Â* try
www.repairclinic.com or similar

I googled it and did see that people have had problems with pods:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1BJFVQO2O0TIJ

We have been using liquid for years on advice of the septic tank cleaner
who showed us waxy deposits building up on top of the tank.