Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Towable house

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:33:39 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 23:58:05 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 20:48:02 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:23:40 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:06:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:23:07 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 10:36:24 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Yep, I understand the premise. The Federal tax burden is around 4-6%, and I
figure everything else is 2-3%. Everyone's situation is going to be
different.

Where are you getting those numbers ?

TurboTax. In the summary at the end, it tells you your effective tax rate.
Over the past 20 years or so, mine usually bounces around between 0% to as
much as 6%. 2019 was another 0% year for me at the Federal level, but
that's not something that I count on. It's just nice when it happens.

The Federal tax is way more than
6 % for the working class , then you have the state and FICA , If you
are working at any job more than part time, you are taxed at 12 % and if
over $ 40,000 it is 22% for just the Federal tax. In the state I live
in, the state and local sales tax for most every day items sold in
stores are around 7 %.

I have not kept up with the tax on many things for years, just paid the
bottom line. I was thinking that food was not taxed many years ago and
then a 'temporary' tax was put in and it never went away.

When it comes to my personal finances and taxes, I take an active role and
I've found that as my personal situation has improved over the years, my
tax burden has fallen. It's not really fair, but that seems to be how the
system is set up. It doesn't just happen automatically, though. You have to
recognize opportunities and take advantage of them.

The people who take the worst beating are high income people who get
paid on a W-2. They usually don't have much they can do beyond writing
off the interest on their mortgage and the last tax reform chipped
away at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upifaeK0B5U

So you got nothing.

The Seinfeld clip was a joke. I don't know what you were looking for. Am I
supposed to take a look at your finances and recommend ways for you to pay
less in taxes? That's not really a service that I offer.

I didn't see a seinfeld clip, only an ad I guess, that seemed pretty
inappropriate. My bad.

It is sort of funny that a guy who has been here complaining about tax
cuts for the rich pays no taxes.

I don't know what's funny about it. Have you ever listened to Warren
Buffett? I guess he's funny, too.