Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Towable house

In article ,
lid says...

Yep, I understand the premise. The Federal tax burden is around 4-6%, and I
figure everything else is 2-3%. Everyone's situation is going to be
different.

Where are you getting those numbers ? The Federal tax is way more than
6 % for the working class , then you have the state and FICA , If you
are working at any job more than part time, you are taxed at 12 % and if
over $ 40,000 it is 22% for just the Federal tax. In the state I live
in, the state and local sales tax for most every day items sold in
stores are around 7 %.

I have not kept up with the tax on many things for years, just paid the
bottom line. I was thinking that food was not taxed many years ago and
then a 'temporary' tax was put in and it never went away.