Bill

Default Help. Black Mold & New floor question

Hello,

I have basic question about black mold I seem to have in my family room.
All comments appreciated.

My family room is on a slab. There is padding, old shag carpet, and PERGO
installed OVER the carpet. Of course, this not so good. The Pergo is
chipping, and seperating, and is just bad.

We pulled up 1 pergo panel by the threshold and the carpet has a little
black mold on it. I can assume maybe I have black mold everwhere under the
PERGO, although I could be wrong.

Anyway, I am having EVERYTHING ripped up, removed, and a an underlayment and
real hardwood floor applied to the concrete slab.

Although the floor installer will remove everything, he can't be responsible
for the "elimination" of the black mold. He did agree to wait 1 hour
inbetween removal and installation, so I may mop the cement with bleach or
some other solution. Then he'll lay the flooring.

Here's my question.... Once I have a bare cement floor, what solution would
I use to eliminate any black mold that may still be there? Pure Bleech?
50/50 with water? Or some special cleaner?

Thanks in advance.
Bill