Can2002

Default Running cables through stud walls

We've just moved into a house that was converted from a bungalow a few years
back; all the interior walls upstairs are plasterboard. I want to install a
DAB aerial on the roof and ideally run the cable through the loft and down
through the gap between the wall by our study. My draft action plan is:

Install aerial and run cable up to just above my study (need to find some
method of measuring distances to ensure I'm in the right place)
Drill a hole through to the cavity
Drop cable down into cavity
Drill hole through wall in study and attempt to locate cable
Install wall mounted coax point

It all sounds fine in writing but I wonder whether I'm setting an achievable
goal, so I'd welcome opinions from the experienced!

Regards,
Chris