Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Towable house

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:48:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/8/2020 11:13 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Here, real estate taxes are on the land and all permanent
structures. It's calculated based on the price you paid
when you bought the property (plus annual increases for
increases in the value of the property).

Here the land is taxed at one value depending on the usage and the
buildings at whatever the county decides the building is worth.

Cars are taxed with a seperate bill when you get a tag. Not sure about
a car tax if it is just sitting around without a tag.

When I lived in CT it was taxed if registered. No car tax or
inspections here in FL.

Not exactly true. A car coming into Florida, new or one you brought
from up north will get an impact fee (tax) and that is a few hundred
bucks. The only way out of that is if you have an old tag that was
still valid, even if expired (not replaced by another tag).
I still have an old tag here (~20 years old) that would get me out of
an impact fee if I wanted to add another vehicle to the fleet.