Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Towable house

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:13:53 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Here, real estate taxes are on the land and all permanent
structures. It's calculated based on the price you paid
when you bought the property (plus annual increases for
increases in the value of the property).

Here the land is taxed at one value depending on the usage and the
buildings at whatever the county decides the building is worth.

Cars are taxed with a seperate bill when you get a tag. Not sure about
a car tax if it is just sitting around without a tag.

If you don't have tags, you don't pay the tag tax. My neighbor has a
race car in his driveway that is exactly that way.
The village tried to screw with him about having a "derelict vehicle"
because it was up on jack stands but the county code specifically
allows off road vehicles on your property. He keeps it off the tires
because they would flat spot and his tires cost more than some
people's cars. The car itself is way up in the Benz range in price.
I helped him with the code citations and the village slinked away.