Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Stuck in a thermostatic whirlpool

On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 17:45:51 -0400, posted
for all of us to digest...

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 16:30:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/7/2020 1:25 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 12:24:49 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
Stuck in a thermostatic whirlpool

We've already had 2 pretty hot days and I'm still stuck without AC, now
because I can't decide on a thermostat.

The great idea of a WiFi thermostat attracted me, but I don't care about
adjusting the house temp from a PC in Timbuktu.

I only care about my bedroom, or maybe the office.

So a WIRELESS thermostat.

Do you have some physical disability that prevents you from
walking to the thermostat?

Cindy Hamilton

When I was working and living in a cold climate, I liked having the heat
come on 15 minutes before I woke up. Had two programmable T-stats and
worked well.

I've looked at the fancy expensive ones and cannot justify the cost now.
Use AC 10 1/2 months so when I go to bed I set it to my night preference
of 73, when I get up it goes to 77 for the rest of the day. Since it
is right outside the bedroom, easy to do when I pass it.

I could program the night time since it is consistent but for me, the
morning time can vary an hour or two depending on what I feel like
doing. I don't turn it up if I'm going to take a shower and that can be
when I get up or after breakfast. Automation would not be as good.

Anyone thinking about a new system should be looking at mini splits.
You can then zone each area separately.

I agree, as that is what I did.

--
Tekkie