Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Towable house

On 6/8/2020 11:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/8/2020 11:13 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Here, real estate taxes are on the land and all permanent
structures.Â* It's calculated based on the price you paid
when you bought the property (plus annual increases for
increases in the value of the property).

Here the land is taxed at one value depending on the usage and the
buildings at whatever the county decides the building is worth.

Cars are taxed with a seperate bill when youÂ* get a tag.Â* Not sure about
a car tax if it is just sitting around without a tag.

When I lived in CT it was taxed if registered.Â* No car tax or
inspections here in FL.

I see there are 23 states plus DC that don't charge personal property
tax on automobiles. That leaves 27 states that do.

That site didn't state about sales tax; figure virtually all have it for
the one-time charge.

As I suppose most, KS collects the personal property tax when you get
your tags; only $10 or so for title and tag fee, the personal property
tax bite is pretty steep and based on a lookup table for the vehicle.
Rate will be somewhat different on county-by-county basis.