Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stuck in a thermostatic whirlpool

On 6/7/2020 12:24 PM, micky wrote:
Stuck in a thermostatic whirlpool

We've already had 2 pretty hot days and I'm still stuck without AC, now
because I can't decide on a thermostat.

The great idea of a WiFi thermostat attracted me, but I don't care about
adjusting the house temp from a PC in Timbuktu.

I only care about my bedroom, or maybe the office.

So a WIRELESS thermostat.

Many seeem to have screens which only report the temperature but dont'
have controls for adjusting the temp or turning off the AC.

I saw one that looked like a thermostat, with controls, but was
wireless, but I wasn't interested at the time and I can't find it again.

The ad showed a drawing of a house with one in each of 3 rooms, none of
them screwed to a wall.

Can anyone tell me what I'm looking for?

I'd consider this one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G4CIG7M...raininghvac-20
..
Meantime, I'd find what two wirest to twist together to make it turn on.